- 2 tsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Fijian Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup cashew pieces, salted
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup ice water
- Butter cookie sheet and set aside.
- Combine corn syrup and sugar in a heavy bottomed
4-qt. saucepan, and place it over medium heat, stirring often until sugar is dissolved, about 12–14 minutes.
- When mixture begins to boil lightly, add butter and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 280°F, or a soft ball forms when dropped in ice water.
- Stir in nuts and cook an additional 10–12 minutes, stirring constantly until candy thermometer reaches 305°F, or the mixture forms a hard ball when dropped in ice water.
- When hardball state is reached, remove pan from heat and stir in baking soda and turmeric.
- Immediately pour onto the greased baking sheet. 7. Cool at room temperature, then crack into pieces.