Tacos With Tomato
Pico De Gallo
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 fresh avocados (sliced)
- 1 bunch cilantro (stems removed, chopped)
- 12 flour or corn tortillas
- Peanut oil (for frying)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp. ground jalapeño powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Wakaya Sea Salt
- 12 oz. club soda
- Combine shrimp and lime. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in a skillet or deep fryer to 375. F.
- Combine all ingredients and whisk lightly.
- Batter should have the consistency of pancake batter. Set aside.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, pat dry, and add to the tempura batter.
- Fry coated shrimp for about 1 minute.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.