and Ginger Roasted
and Coconut Bisque
- 3 tsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Fijian Turmeric Powder
- 3 tsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Pink Fijian Ginger Powder
- Wakaya Perfection Fijian Kosher Sea Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 oz. butter, unsalted
- 2 leeks, white part only, chopped
- 1 potato, medium dice 8 cups coconut water
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, toasted 1 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together oil, turmeric and ginger in a medium bowl; add cauliflower and toss to coat. Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast for 20–25 minutes, or until tender.
- Place butter and leeks in a soup pot over medium heat and sweat until soft; add potato.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the leeks, cover with coconut water and cook until tender, 12–15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and place a few ladles of liquid into blender, adding a few cashews with each batch until all is incorporated.
- When finished, whisk in almond milk for a creamy feel.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.