Mushroom-stuffed Pork Chops
With Organic Ginger/Orange
- 1 tbsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Pink Fijian Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp.butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms (coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup spinach leaves (coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 tsp.salt
- 1⁄4 tsp.pepper
- 4 pork loin chops, cut 11⁄4 inches thick
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat until melted. Add mushrooms and onion; sauté 2 minutes. Remove from heat, then add spinach, bread crumbs, 11⁄2 tsp. Ginger, salt and pepper.
- Slit each chop horizontally from the outside edge in; stuff each chop with the veggie mixture and then sprinkle the outside with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; brown chops 2 minutes on each side. Transfer them to a baking dish and bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Blend remaining 11⁄2 tsp. Ginger with orange marmalade and brush on top of pork chops. Place pork chops back in oven and bake 5–10 minutes more.