Peach Ice Cream
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Wakaya Perfection Organic Fijian Turmeric Powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream (place in freezer until ready to use)
- 1 cup whole milk (place in the freezer until ready to use)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla beans, seeds removed
- 1 cup frozen peaches, chopped
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed sauté pan over low heat; add nuts and salt and cook until butter browns (do not burn nuts).
- Remove nuts and drain excess butter, reserve butter from pan.
- Place eggs in a mixer and whip until light and fluffy;
add sugar and turmeric and whip until all is incorporated.
- Add chilled cream, milk, reserved butter, vanilla, vanilla seeds and chopped peaches.
- Transfer to ice cream machine and follow manufacturer directions.
- When ice cream is almost done, add the pecans.